By this point in 2020, surely we have mastered how to get ourselves “presentable” for Zoom meetings (pants or no pants!), but with regulations changing often in our neighborhoods and around the world, we thought, why not share some tips and tricks for an easy makeup look for the home office. Here are three easy, professional looks that we think could make a difference.
Look 1: The “Wake Up” Look
Prep Time: 10-12 Minutes
Contrary to what we are used to, full coverage is not needed when hopping on a couple of meetings (besides, Zoom has a filter!). What artists are recommending is to focus onaccentuating cheekbones, brows and lips. The goal should be to look good, not glamorous. :)
What does this mean? Here are some quick steps for an easy makeup look that still looks professional.
- Wash your face and apply moisturizer
- Prep your skin with a nourishing oil
- If you have oily skin, prime your face and use “oil free” products, but don’t use too much powder. Too much powder on the face can look pasty and dry. Throughout the day, you may also consider using blotting papers.
- Apply a small amount of highlighter to your cheekbones.You can do this by holding your brush on the end and lightly brushing upwards on your cheekbones, nose and forehead.
- Give shape to your eyebrows.Start by giving your eyebrow the shape you desire and filling in lightly
- Add a nude lip color
We avoid heavy eyeliner or mascara because those can become irritants, so we focus on the products that really make a difference on the camera.
Look 2: The Bold Look!
Prep Time: 12-15 Minutes
Okay, let’s be honest, presenting on Zoom is another thing. Have you found yourself having to present? Are you on a panel? Are you moderating an event? Let’s move into how you can really go for that BOLD look!
Similar to the “wake up” look, you want to prep your skin with moisturizer and primer.
- Add concealer under your eyes, on your eyelids and to any areas that show blemishes.
- Apply a small amount of highlighter to your cheekbones and the area right above your eyebrow and beside your temples. Add a dab to your nose and right beneath your nose. Use a brush to blend.
- Add a small amount of bronzer to your cheekbones.
Now make your look BOLD:
- Eyeshadow look: Grab a fun eyeshadow - look at The Afrique eyeshadow palette and The Zulu eyeshadow palette - and apply a small amount to your eyelids. Remember a little goes a long way!
- Apply mascara to your lashes.
- Lip Color: Add a fun matte or glossy lip color - look at The Mauves Lip Color Bundle and The Neutral Lip Color Bundle
There is your BOLD look!
Look 3: Poppin' Lips!
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Finding the right lip color can be tedious but these colors can really add a pop in your look.
For starters, a nude lip and rosy/pink lip are solid looks for a Zoom call when time does not allow for a full face of makeup.
Here are some palettes that would be good for a nude lip color and/or to create your own cocktail look:
- The Nude Velvety Matte Lipstick provides a good matte look
- The Sweet Bundle provides a good start for the rosy look
By adding a lip color, you are saying, “I am here, I am awake and I am confident!” Not to mention, a little lip color helps with the good ol’ pick me up.
That is it! Those are three easy professional makeup looks that can be completed in under 15 minutes. Make sure to watch our tutorials on YouTube to follow along!