‘Tis the season to be merry, and it's the perfect time to go extra bold on the makeup, let the reds pop more than Santa’s, let your highlighter be blinding, let there be glitter and shimmer everywhere; because… why not?!
Bring a touch of Christmas spirit to your look and let your creativity run wild with these five stunning next-level makeup looks to try before you step out and enjoy the merry season with your friends.
1. Christmas lover or Grinch, you’re going to want to try out the bold green eye shadow look. Green is one of the colors of the season, so get into the spirit (or not) with a dark shade of green; it could even be metallic or shimmering emerald green eyeshadow. For a twist on the look, use a bold green eyeliner on your bottom lashes for a dramatic look. Remember to use a primer before you use any eyeshadow so that your makeup lasts all night.
Another twist would be to use bold green eyeliner on your bottom lash with a bold colored eyeliner, in green or red, even icy blue..
2. Icy blue like Frozen and let it go. Be inspired by Disney princess Elsa’s icy blue dress and use shimmery blue eyeshadow for an unforgettable look. If you don't want a full glittery blue shadow look, just dab some of the eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes.
3. Roses are red; your lips should be too. Crimson red lipstick has been a staple since the beginning of time for a reason. It is the cherry on top of your flawlessly made-up face and perfect for the holidays. You can wear it as a bold matte red, as lip gloss or apply a clear gloss over your red lipstick. Don’t forget to add some va va voom with a bold lip liner so that your lips are the center of attention.
4. They’ll need shades on for this Highlighter. Using a soft angled brush, sweep your highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, your Cupid's bow, and your brow bone. Have any other features you’d like to show off? Slather on some highlighter there too. After all, highlighter is designed to do exactly what the name suggests.
5. This isn’t the season to go easy on the glow! Get in the holiday spirit with glitter, metallic golds, bold eyeliners and shadows. Don’t limit your shimmer - add some sparkle on your lips to top off the look. You’ll light up the party and get everyone in the holiday spirit.