Who would’ve ever thought we would be looking for a no-makeup makeup look? What does a no-makeup makeup look consist of? Well, think au-natural. Nude lips, nude palettes, mascara, highlighter, and some tinted moisturizer. These products will make for a simple, nude makeup look and get you to your first meeting on time and looking fresh!
Here are some steps:
Prep Your Face for a Nude Makeup Look
- Wash your face and moisturize! I know this would probably go without saying, but I have to admit I sometimes forget myself. The importance of moisturizing comes from the need to prep the skin for makeup application, and it also helps to prevent breakouts and any other skin issues.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! If there is one thing that will make someone age quicker, it’s the sun! If you apply sunscreen, then you will prevent wrinkles, discoloration, and any potential skin issues!
- Moisturize the lips! Sometimes people forget this one because...it’s just easy to do. However, lips can get sunburnt, too - so don’t forget to add your favorite lip balm to plump those babies up!
No Makeup Makeup Look
- First you want to start by combing through and brushing your eyebrows. If you have an eyebrow spoolie that would provide better-shaping contours. It can give you the soap brow look, or if you’re looking for something a little more polished, our i Scupt, i Shade Eyebrow Pencil can help you fill in the brow as needed and to get that fuller eyebrow look.
- Eyebrow gel would then go on top of the eyebrow to keep your brows just the way you want them. We have multiple options, either clear or tinted to give you the look you want.
- Add tinted moisturizer or tinted sunscreen all over your face. This will give it the most natural effect.
- Add concealer to get rid of any bags under the eyelids. Consider using the “I am Magic Concealer” by Juvia’s Place to enhance the no makeup makeup look. Go back as needed and add onto any other blemishes that are visible.
- dd blush with your fingers or with a makeup brush on the apples of your cheeks. Consider dabbing upwards towards your cheekbone to give it a little more of a lift. Consider any of these blushes from Juvia’s Place.
- Add a small amount of highlighter to the high points of your face, cheekbones, a small amount on the inner corners of your eyes, under your brows and a small amount on the tip of your nose. Consider using any of Juvia’s Place highlighters.
- Add a tiny bit of powder to set the makeup under your eyes, your cheeks, above your lips and forehead. This will prevent your skin from developing an oily look. Consider any of these powders from Juvia’s Place.
- Add the slightest bit of mascara starting from the inner lashes and working your way to the outside lashes. This will add a nice lift to your eyes.
- Add a tiny bit of bronzer to your cheekbones, the outline of your nose, and a tiny bit on your eyelid crease to give your most prominent facial features just a little pop and structure.
- And for the final look, add a nude lip to complete the no makeup makeup look. You can do a glossy or matte look based on your preference. Our recommendation is glossy for going out and matte for staying indoors. Consider using the Nude velvety matte lipstick from Juvia’s Place or any nude lipsticks from the Juvia’s Place collection.
- Voilà! The finished look.