Is it just us, or are you still waiting for 2020 to start? *sigh*
Well, another year is around the corner, and we’ll be ringing the bells to usher in 2022, and despite the last two years, we will celebrate!!!
Just as you’ll be popping champagne bottles when the clock strikes 12, so should your makeup pop. Think glitter, shimmer, glowing, radiant, think blinding lights and exploding fireworks; that’s the theme for New Year’s Eve!
Whether you’re going to be in Times Square when the ball drops, spending a socially distanced chill night in with your family or friends, or at one of the numerous happy new year’s parties going on around the world, one thing for sure, you want to usher in the new year in high spirits and looking FABULOUS!
We are all for putting our best foot forward, so here are some tips on how you can put your best looks on New Year’s Eve.
1. First, your primer is the key to looking and STAYING cute for New Year’s Eve, especially for those of you who will be out partying till dawn. Yes, your Juvia’s Place foundation blends like a second skin, that’s great, but the primer is the real star on the show. It holds your makeup in place so that even the second day, your face is still looking freshly beat (but no, don’t do that, NEVER go to bed with makeup on. Cleanse your skin before your beauty sleep; our Let’s Melt it Off Gel Cleanser wipes all your makeup off like it was never there).
Our I Prep I Prime Eyeshadow Primers help you blend in your eyeshadow and keep it in place all night. With our award-winning Warrior 3 Palette, you'll find the perfect eye shadow colors for New Year's Eve.
Create this look with our:
Face powder, concealer & eyeshadow primer
2. Glittering Gold: New Year’s Eve is not the time to go easy on the glitz. Put a shine on everything! Your eyelids, crease, lips, cheekbones, and the bridge of your nose are the life of the party, so glow!
Out-glow the sun with our:
Highlighter, blush & eyeshadow
3. Dramatic eyes: Falsies or going au natural, your choice of color and product can make your eyes come to life, especially at night. Be sure to use waterproof mascara and your eyeliner in case you end up crying tears of joy when the clock strikes 12.
Get the perfect eyes using our:
Eyeshadow, eyeliner & pen brow
4. Smacking lips: The key to the perfect lip, red or otherwise, is starting on moisturized lips. Dab on some nourishing lip balm to make your lips smooth and soft, dry lips will lead to cracked lipstick, and you don’t want that. Next up, go in with your lip liner, carve the edges of your gorgeous lips, you could even go for an exaggerated lip liner look, and then glide your lipstick on your lips for the perfect pout. Even if you’re just going for a glossy lip, lip liner is a game-changer that’ll have people lining up under the mistletoe for you!
Create this look using our:
5. Halloween is over, but New Year’s eve is the chance you’ve been waiting for to try out a makeup look that is so bold and shocking; try a bright purple lip or even a black matte lip with a glossy shine. The key to nailing a bold look like this is alternating. If you go bold on the eyes, go soft on the lips, and vice versa.
Go for bold and beautiful with our: