When it comes to achieving luscious and fuller-looking lips, you may find yourself torn between the options of lip gloss sticks. Two popular choices are volumizing gloss sticks and plumping gloss sticks. To make an informed decision, it's essential to understand how to apply them and what to pair them with. In this blog post, we'll explore the key differences between these gloss sticks, their application methods, and the perfect pairings for that enviable pout.
Introducing Juvia's Place Volumizing Gloss Sticks, up your lip game with Juvia’s Place's new Volumizing Gloss Sticks, the perfect fusion of vivid color and luxurious shine, designed to make your lips stand out. Juvia's Place has combined the best of both worlds - a stunning and diverse selection of vibrant shades and a nourishing, high-gloss formula - to create a volumizing lip product that's as functional as it is fabulous.
Volumizing Gloss Sticks vs. Plumping Gloss Sticks:
Before diving into application techniques, let's distinguish between volumizing gloss sticks and plumping gloss sticks.
Volumizing Gloss Sticks: These gloss sticks are designed to create the illusion of fuller lips by adding volume. They often contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid and collagen, which help to hydrate and plump your lips, making them appear more substantial.
Plumping Gloss Sticks: On the other hand, plumping gloss sticks contain ingredients like peptides and menthol to stimulate blood flow and give the appearance of plumper lips. These gloss sticks create a temporary plumping effect by causing a mild tingling sensation.
How to Apply a Gloss Stick vs. Lip Gloss:
Application of Gloss Sticks:
When using gloss sticks, start with clean, dry lips. Here's a simple step-by-step guide:
- Exfoliate: To ensure a smooth application, gently exfoliate your lips to remove any dead skin.
- Line Your Lips: You can use a lip liner to outline your lips, which can help prevent the gloss stick from feathering.
- Apply the Gloss Stick: Starting from the center of your lips, glide the gloss stick towards the corners. You can build up the color and shine according to your preference.
- Blend: If you want a more natural look, gently press your lips together to blend the product evenly.
Application of Lip Gloss:
Lip gloss is applied slightly differently and is typically more sheer in coverage:
- Exfoliate and Moisturize: Prep your lips with a gentle exfoliation and moisturization to ensure a smooth base.
- Apply Lip Gloss: Using the applicator or your fingertip, apply the lip gloss to your lips. You can dab or swipe depending on your desired intensity.
- Layer If Needed: You can layer lip gloss for a more intense shine or color.
Application: Swiping vs. Tapping:
Both gloss sticks and lip gloss offer different application methods:
- Swiping (Gloss Sticks): Swiping is ideal for gloss sticks because it allows for even coverage and builds up the product for a more intense look. You can also use a lip brush for precise application.
- Tapping (Lip Gloss): Tapping is perfect for lip gloss, especially if you want a subtle shine. It helps distribute the product evenly without making it too heavy.
What to Pair Your Gloss With:
Now that you know how to apply these lip products, let's explore what to pair them with to achieve your desired look.
Pairing Gloss Sticks:
Natural Makeup: For an everyday look, pair your volumizing gloss stick with light, natural makeup to let your lips take center stage.
Bold Eye Makeup: If you're going for a statement lip, pair your gloss stick with bold eye makeup to create a balanced and striking look.
Pairing Lip Gloss:
Matte Lipstick: To add a touch of shine to your matte lipstick, apply lip gloss to the center of your lips for a stunning ombre effect.
Nude Lipstick: Enhance your nude lipstick with a clear or slightly tinted lip gloss for a fresh and natural appearance.
The choice between volumizing gloss sticks and plumping gloss sticks ultimately depends on your desired lip look. Learning how to apply these gloss sticks and lip gloss properly, whether by swiping or tapping, can help you achieve the perfect pout. Additionally, understanding what to pair them with will allow you to create stunning lip-centric makeup looks. So, experiment with both types of lip products and discover your signature style for irresistibly beautiful lips.